Sunday, October 23, 2016

Boundaries Where You End and I Begin: a book club unreview

My counselor wanted me to read this book and for months it lingered in my bedside stack of books to read. I thought that if I choose something for book club that I don't want to read I'd have to read it.

I tried. I really did. But this book sucked. It was boring and repetitive and reductive and dated. Personally I kept reading until the author judged other women for wearing bikinis. I love my bikinis. I don't wear them because I have been manipulated by some obscene need for men's approval of my body. I wear them because they are comfortable and I no longer care about other people's opinions of what I wear in that way. Shan out. Others in my book club gave up much earlier - not a single one finished this clunker. Kudos to them.

I did make a killer pad thai - though not actually enough of it for the number of ladies who showed up. All in all, it was kind of a book club fail.

And so, instead of a book club review of a book I didn't read, I give you this small piece of freedom from Chris Brogan:

Big big love to my ladies who already know to stop reading when they aren't loving the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...