Wednesday, February 6, 2013

test

Testing the microphone. The lips the teeth the tip of the tongue. The lips the teeth the tip of the tongue. Some nights I’m ready to roll out the barrel. Some nights I hide in the corner. A lover of the limelight, and the silences in between. Praying for the balance of yes and no, of company and solitude, of gratitude and striving for more, of light and dark.

And always, always, remembering those nights. Some nights. When someone else is the one to bring me back to that all important matter of who I am, who I am, who I am.


Writing project prompt: Test

AND

Write at the Merge prompt:
I found a martyr in my bed tonight
She stops my bones from wondering just who I am, who I am, who I am
from Fun, Some nights

AND

image courtesy of leo.jeje (via Flickr Creative Commons)

6 comments:

  1. The lover of the limelight AND the silences between. That's such a great balance and image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember! The lips the teeth the tip of the tongue, the tip of the tongue taking a trip...

    I second: the imagery is well-balanced and brilliant. Well played!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelton. 'The tip of the tongue taking a trip' is fabulous as well ... I may have to steal that another time.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic. The repetition like a mantra, the imagery and the internal narrative. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cameron. I think I understand why a rosary is used in so many religions - that repetition and rhythm somehow pull us deeper.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...