Friday, February 8, 2013

starvation

There are many ways to starve. In fact, I’d say it’s one of the biggest tragedies of our society. We are starved for love, for affection, for connection. We yearn to be ourselves, and to be known and accepted as that self. We hunger for knowledge (though it’s always surprising how few seem to as eagerly pursue wisdom).

We live in such a constant state of want that it’s no surprise how few of us experience and express our gratitude, how full our lives are, and the many ways in which we are truly rich.

We starve – physically and spiritually – stuffing the emptiness with mental and physical candy floss.


2 comments:

  1. I totally get this! I'm going through so much inner turmoil right now, that I literally am "starving" for God's grace to shine on me, to guide me, to forgive me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, every time I really open up here, I know you're around to receive it with grace. Thank you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...