Tuesday, January 22, 2013

tropical

I gotta say that as pleasant as our winter has been sitting here in the cozy cradle of Canada's left coast, I am craving the hot sun, cool water, warm breezes, fruity drinks, and sandy toes of a real holiday. One that requires my passport and a whole lot of sunscreen.  

Fueling this hunger is my mom’s blog, complete with pictures of their current two month residence in Mexico - with a lap pool, and a deck overlooking the Pacific. My parents are adventurers; they love to immerse themselves in the countries they visit. They take unusual, off-the-tourist-track holidays. And they taught their daughters to do the same.

All the imported coconut, pineapple, and mango, all the spa visits, all the submerging myself in escapist fiction can’t make up for the feel of sun on my face. Soon. We will meet again soon, sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...