Saturday, January 12, 2013

sport

If you asked 20 different people for a word to describe me, 'sporty' wouldn't be among the list of adjectives you'd end up with. To be honest, it’s also not what comes to mind for myself. 

And yet, I like being sporty. It always seems like a bad idea before hand, and ends up being a whole lot of fun. I’ve enjoyed team sports, I’ve done well at team sports, and I’ve gotten a lot out of participating – at various sports way back in the day, basketball in my university days, dragon boating more recently.

Mostly though, I tend more toward solitary activities – riding, kayaking, swimming, yoga – not wanting anyone but myself to be let down when I fail. Despite a history of doing well, it seldom occurs to me that I might not fail. I guess that's something to work on this year ... more confidence, more sport, more fun.  


2 comments:

  1. Those are good goals to work on. Right now, the only word that comes to mind to describe myself is Crazy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. I'm trying to make healthier choices without beating myself up too badly for the choices that I tend to make (less confidence, more sitting in front of the TV eating ice cream), but, as they say, one day at a time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...