Tuesday, January 15, 2013

sacrifice

When is a sacrifice not a sacrifice? It seems like we have such a culture of whining martyrs who are always having others take from them and have no say in their own lives. I've been accused of that myself, or worse - doing something to help others only because it looks good. But being a martyr and sacrifice really have little connection in our 'want it all right now no consequences' world.

So, I've been thinking. What if a sacrifice wasn't a sacrifice? What if giving up the Cheezies in my desk, and the after work snack, and the morning coffee gave me so much healthy and svelte vitality that it never felt like 'giving up?' Well that's just interesting enough to look into.

Cheezies ... they can hide, but I will find them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...