Saturday, December 15, 2012

happiness

Knowing what today's blog prompt was going to be, I've paid attention throughout the day to my experience of happiness, or not. Mostly I just want to repost my post from June 14: if it makes you happy, who cares? But that would be cheating, and I'm trying to be a good sport.

If my day had a happy-o-meter, the high point would have been while I was outside in the freezing drizzle perfecting our outdoor display of lights and ornaments with BB2. The low point would be squabbling with STG in the grocery store about whether or not we need tortilla chips.

This is the minutiae that makes up life, that makes happiness in and of itself a pointless pursuit. And that makes me glad this prompt is over and done with and we can move on to more important things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...