Wednesday, November 28, 2012

pessimistic

It's a funny thing, but for all of my tilting against the dragon depression, I don't think of myself as a pessimistic person. Most of the time, even if things aren't currently okay, I do think they are getting better, or will get better. 

Are there some certain circumstances I feel less powerful to deal with? Absolutely! Are there times I get so beat down that I just want to curl up in a ball? Sure. Am I frustrated by the stasis in certain areas of life that matter to me? Hell yes. 

But, overall, even in those circumstances/moments/areas, I still know that life, by and large, is on an upswing. And not in that generic, social media campaigny, ‘it gets better’ kind of way, but truly really better in the tiniest of moments and in some of the biggest matters.

Pessimism? Nah. Not this girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...