Sunday, July 31, 2011

thoughts on a sunny Sunday

Speak Less by Laura Kimball (Trust 30 Prompt 9)

What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think. This rule, equally arduous in actual and in intellectual life, may serve for the whole distinction between greatness and meanness. It is the harder, because you will always find those who think they know what is your duty better than you know I. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • I once received a fortune cookie that read: “Speak less of your plans, you’ll get more done.” What’s one project that you’ve been sitting on and thinking about but haven’t made progress on? What’s stopping you? What would happen if you actually went for it and did it?
Shoot - this morning I had a great post idea, and I was so sure that it was so good I didn't bother making my usual notes, and ... well ... now it's gone and - again - I don't really want to respond to the prompt. 

Here's news though - I recently (thanks to STG's encouragement and role modeling) renewed the domain name for a project I started a year ago and then got distracted from. So after this Trust 30 round is over (21 more days/posts) you'll see a switch here as I focus on the project more and more. 

Thanks, Barry, for calling me on the 'not an entrepreneur' comment in yesterday's post - what's more accurate is that I've been afraid to really go for what I want since I don't want to fall on my face. Funny how infrequently I think 'yes, but what if I DON'T fall on my face?'

Sorry the last couple posts have felt really uninspired, but I would rather just keep posting and moving forward. It's good training. Also, I've been hanging out this weekend with my son and his girlfriend, who are visiting, and my parents, who are also in town, and there's been a lot of sun and wandering.

So ... that there would be my lame excuse for writing 'Meh'. I prefer to write 'Awesome' every post, but ... I'm working on it. It's one thing to write Awesome. And one thing to write regularly. And a whole big step up I'm working towards to do both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...