Thursday, January 6, 2011

Who Can Turn the World On With Her Smile? (A TI♥T Special)

I had a little glitch in an otherwise ordinary day that made me wish for a great many things, momentarily. And then I remembered that deep down inside, I've kind of always been a Mary Richards kind of girl - the kind who might be bawling her eyes out one moment, but then has a chat with her girlfriends, gets out into her city, throws her hat up in the air and gets on with living the life she created.

And, as a little reminder, I found the opening credits & theme song on YouTube to share on my Facebook (social media addict that I am) ... only the theme song I found wasn't the one I always sing to myself. Oh no, the first video I came across was this one from the first season, which has very different lyrics indeed:


These lyrics say ...

How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big
And girl this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving
Love is all around
No need to waste it
You can never fail
Why don't you take it
You might just make it after all
You just might make it after all
And as much as I love being the girl who can turn the world on with her smile, and as much as I love taking a nothing day and suddenly making it all seem worthwhile, today these are the lyrics I needed to hear, and to share. I hope they make you smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...