Friday, January 21, 2011

What I Didn't Say

"It's not that I believe your lies, it's just that they sound so pretty dripping from your round lips," she murmured into his shoulder. 
He wanted to be offended, but there was too much truth in what she said for any such response to be believable. 
"At least I speak," was all he could come up with. "All you do is consume  words." 
She sighed and kissed him again. Knowing that the lies would continue for as long as she was there to listen. And sometimes some truth would creep in. 
If only I was as brave as my characters. And as willing to call a spade a spade, a lie a lie, and a beautiful lie a magnificent slight of tongue.  

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Shanny. Tongues are never slight, are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Especially not when you're choking on what's not being said. XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...