Thursday, December 23, 2010

V - Vivacious

I meant to write this last night, but by the time I thought of it I wasn't 'feeling' vivacious. And then I remembered, vivacious isn't something I feel, it's something I am - lively, energized, attractive and animated. 

I noticed it yesterday while I was doing a little Christmas shopping. Other people in the stories looked harried - particularly the service clerks - while I was just excited to be out on a beautiful blue afternoon looking for tangible expressions of what the people in my life mean to me. 

I went to a 'village' - as stand-alone shopping areas are called in Victoria - I haven't visited before and popped into the most charming cupcakery, where I actually giggled and exclaimed at their delightful Christmas creations. I shopped local quality toy stores and stocked up at my favourite green grocer all without that draggy desperate feeling that seems so often this time of year to be just around the corner. 

It's three days before Christmas, and yet I can shop and explore full of glee because if you can't be lively and animated at Christmas, you are REALLY kind of missing out :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...