Thursday, December 2, 2010

The ABC's of Advent

As I've mentioned in years past (on my previous blog) - when I was growing up our church didn't particularly celebrate a traditional advent. It wasn't until I married into a slightly more stayed Baptist family that I experience the lovely practice of lighting a candle each Sunday before Christmas to read and pray for peace, for hope, for joy, for love.

With the BBs out of the house, I've been wondering what to do with our little felt Advent calendar that has brought them so much chocolate over the years ... that is yet to be determined. And I can't quite abandon the thrill of anticipation that advent brings me.

What I am going to do, though I meant to start last night, is to blog every day between now and Christmas Day the ABC's of Advent. Yes, that doesn't really add up. And there will be one day in addition to today where I will have to come up with multiple posts. But by Christmas morn the ABC's of advent will, I hope, have reminded me - and you - of all the best of this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...