Thursday, September 16, 2010

TI♥T: Being a Weeble

Lots to be grateful for today, and lots of things that I love, most of all ... being surprised by myself. I'm many things, not least of which is resilient. I will totally admit that I get frustrated, discouraged, and annoyed when the best laid plans fall to naught, but I really don't ever stay down for long.

BB2 recently said about a particular situation, "you're a fighter. If anyone can beat this it's you ... when you set your mind to something nothing stops you." I was slightly shocked. I definitely don't think of myself as a fighter, but the boy is more insightful than the average bear, so I thought about it a little more. And while 'Fighter' isn't the term I'd use, I can see why my military manchild might. 

When something really matters to me - like, really matters - nothing will stop me. Not considerations of time or money. Not people who think they know better. Not that nagging little voice that thinks I'm just a chubby small town single mom who doesn't have any say in life. Nothing. When BB2 needed help he got it. When I committed to my MA, I finished it. Whatever it takes. And if someone threatens my boys, boy you better look out.

The pacifist in me doesn't like to look too closely at that side, but there's another part of me that feels really proud. First, that I have that strength to call on when I need it. And second, that my BBs know I have that strength to call on when they need it too.

Which brings me back to the title of this post. For those of you too young to remember ...


I'm a Weeble. Being a Weeble is awesome. I bet you're a Weeble too.

PS - I also love unexpected encouraging phone calls in the middle of the day ... just thought that was worth mentioning. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...