Saturday, August 28, 2010

To Market To Market

I just spent the most lovely, leisurely day doing my weekly shopping. Living in Victoria we are extremely blessed in many ways, including shoppingly (yes, that's another made-up word).

Today's shopping included a stroll through a neighbourhood weekend market and bumping into old friends, a lunch in the country with Maureen, visiting both a spirits distillery (YUM!!) and a brand-new winery (lovely wine; stunning vineyard), purchasing flowers and produce from a therapeutic farm that is creating homefulness, and multiple sudden stops (and looping turn-arounds) at farm markets.

Unpacking my market bags just now, I was surprised and delighted to re-find all my assorted treasures from the day, including local, organic potatos, sunflowers, kale, lettuce, Mennonite pork sausage, tomatoes, red pepper, green onion; local and decadent smoked canned salmon, peaches and dark chocolate turtles; local and creative cedar blocks,  unsweetened raspberry jam, and gluten-free cranberry banana and corn jalapeno muffins.

What a great way to spend a Saturday. So much more rewarding than just what shows from my overflowing market bags.


Now, if you'll excuse me - a corn jalapeno muffin and just-ripe peach are calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...