Thursday, June 10, 2010

TI♥T: Because I Said I Would

I feel like I shouldn't have to post a Things I Love Thursday post this week. I'm writing every day as part of the 21.5.800 challenge, and already wrote my 800 + words this morning (offline - working on a travel article). I'm blogging more regularly. And, yesterday's post was all about the two people I love most in the world. So really, haven't I already sort of kind of done this?

Only here's the thing I know: my life is better when I do what I say I'm going to do. It's just that simple. I am someone who blows things off - even things I really like. Choir? I'll go next week. Lunch with a girlfriend? She'll understand if I'm busy. Quiet time for myself? Well, that's just plain silly and selfish. Yoga? Now why would I want to do something that takes care of my body & mind? A friend's party? No one will notice if I don't show. Calling my bestie? She'll still be there next week. All of these things matter to me, that contribute to my overall well-being, and that I enjoy. but all of them are things I routinely fail to make happen. Eating healthy food? Well that seems like a whole lot of work.

And, I know that when I do what I said I'd do - even if I only made the promise to myself, the reward is always even greater than I anticipate. So this week's Thing I Love is a simple one: I love doing what I said. Just because I said so.

See you at yoga tomorrow ... oh, yes I will. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am sooooo with you. Seems I always do that -- Say I am going to do something (that I really, really do want to do) but then allow it to slip away, undone.

    I think it is a case of "there's always tomorrow." Except when there's not.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...