Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A girl with a curl, right in the middle of my forehead.

It's been quite the month or so. Lots of ups and downs. Lots of learning and growing. And more than a couple mis-steps. And as I've been going through all this, I've been accompanied, or not, by various people along the way. Some have weathered the tears and fears and upset. Others not so much.

More than once I've had an old old story SCREAMING in my head "I'm going to f*ck up, and people are going to take their love away." For me it's not even a story - it's the way life really is. If I REALLY love and need and count on someone, I better be extra careful not to do anything that will upset them, or they'll be gone in a shot.

And then sometimes the other voice, the more fun one sings the Mae West version of this little Longfellow peom in my head:
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was even better. ;-)
I'm human. I have good and bad and indifferent parts. I have patterns and habits that work for me, and some that really don't. I love and share and care for people. And then I yell and push and run away. Most of the time I'm doing my best. And when I'm not I usually let you know I'll be back soon.

As another blonde bombshell said,
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe.
Clearly we blonde bombshells needs to stick together. :)

2 comments:

  1. wow, love that last line from Marilyn! I think I'll have to claim that one too - she's not a real blonde you know!
    Freckles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is, Freckles, who is ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...